Thursday, October 04, 2007

on not fitting in...

"No savior from without can come/ to those that are enslaved/
their own messiah they must be/ and play the savior and the saved"
-Simeon Samuel Frug

I need a quote from R.E.M.'s song "Belong" here.

I hate tv. I hate tv. I hate tv. But please understand every once
and a while I find a character...I love the character of Peter Petrelli
in "Heroes". No, I do not watch the show but tend to eat in front of the tv
( that is changing as I have a renter now...) I find myself watching particular
shows. I would love for Peter Petrelli, Jason Bourne, Lestat, Eowyn,
Raskolnikov, and Edward Scissorhands to all have tea together.
Yeah, and don't forget the androids and the sailors...
And the spies. No wonder why I wanted to be a spy when I grew up.
I wanted to be a superhero when I grew up. When I was sixteen I
realized the actual word was "revolutionary".
I thought I wasn't human for about four years. That's how
screwed up I was. But it was the only way I could deal with "reality".
Sometimes I want to say to all my labels/personas "Listen you-none of you are me. I identify as Jen and Jen only."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home